About 50 gluten-free crackers (I used a pack of 365 Sesame Rice Crackers, but use crackers of your choice. Saltines work best for those that can have gluten)
1 cup earth balance (butter works best for those who can have dairy)
1 cup brown sugar
12 oz dairy-free chocolate chips
1 cup crushed raw pecans (or walnuts)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Lie crackers down flat (do not overlap) on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
3. Melt earth balance in a saucepan over low heat and add the brown sugar. Heat on medium low stirring often until it blends together in a caramel consistency.
4. Pour mixture over the crackers, spreading all over the tops of the crackers.
5. Bake in the 400 F oven for 5 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle throughout with chocolate chips. After 2 minutes, gently spread chocolate chips with the back of a spoon.
7. Sprinkle with crushed nuts and cool in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
8. Break into pieces and enjoy!