Once you make this recipe you will never want to go back to store-bought granola! Most granola is loaded with added sugar, but this recipe simply calls for ¼ cup of honey to sweeten it. It’s wonderful with milk, in yogurt, or on top of a smoothie bowl. It is also great by itself; I can’t stop grabbing handfuls from my pantry! I modified my recipe from http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2010/04/04/recipe-granola-bars-cereal/.
- 1 ¼ cups gluten-free oats
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup raw pecans
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy-free earth balance
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Line a standard baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry oats, almonds, pecans, cashews, coconut, seeds and spices together in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the earth balance and honey together in a small saucepan over low heat. Once it has reached a liquid consistency, add the vanilla and salt.
- Pour the hot mixture over the dry ingredients and stir together with a rubber spatula until evenly coated.
- Spread mixture onto prepared pan in one even layer. Bake for 75 minutes.
- Let cool and store in airtight container (I use a mason jar!) at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.